Floating Clinic on the Lower Yuba River – 8 hours
This is an eight hour floating clinic on the Lower Yuba River. You will spend a day learning the different techniques used for trout angling as we drift the Lower Yuba River.
We will learn about the entomology of the insects of the river, show you how to rigg your gear for success and learn the techniques necessary to be successful.
The clinic will be spent floating the river in a in a drift boat and wading where you’ll learn different dry fly, indicator-nymph, tight-line nymph, swing, and streamer tactics, all of which will be thoroughly discussed and demonstrated. You will have the benefit of working closely with a highly qualified instructor/guide.
This eight hour float is a two student per guide class and is limited to a maximum of 2 students.
Use Contact Link to Schedule
Cost: $ 375/$425 for 1/2 persons
$375 for Full Day for one angler. $425 for two anglers, 8 to 10 hours, lunch and soft beverages included.
Rods/reels/lines can be provided! Lunches and drinks will be provided.
- Requires active CA fishing License, steelhead report card and stamps as required for 2011
- Meeting Place: Parks Bar Bridge on the Lower Yuba River
- Equipment needed: 6 weight Fly Rod and Reel Outfit, and Leader 7 ½’ – 3x
- A fly rod outfit can be provided for the lesson. Please notify when signing up!
- Appropriate clothing for conditions – hat, warm clothing and rain jacket
- Private Lessons available. $120 for session.
Payment /Cancellation Policy
Class must be paid in full 14 days before the class date. Arrangements can be made for signups within the 14 day period. Cancellations made 14 days of more prior to the class date will receive a full refund. Cancellations made 14 days of the class date will forfeit their full payment unless the space is filled.